To address the many concerns of patients during the Coronavirus pandemic, we are offering the novel Serum antibody IgM and IgG Covid-19 test in partnership with a specialty lab. In order to check immunity via IgG Antibodies, the patients should have had exposure at least 10 days prior to testing.
The test requires a prior consultation (or telemedicine visit) and can be done at the Doctor’s office or home.
- Sensitivity of the test : 87.3% (95% CI: 80.40% to 92.0%)
- Specificity of the test: 100%
The kit detects 2019-nCoV IgM and IgG antibodies by immuno- capture method. The nitrocellulose membrane is coated by mouse-anti human monoclonal IgM antibodies, mouse-anti human monoclonal IgG antibodies, and goat-anti-mouse IgG antibodies. The recombinant 2019-nCoV antigen and mouse IgG antibodies are labeled with colloidal gold as a tracer. The antibodies will bind to colloidal gold-coated 2019- nCoV antigens to form compounds, which are further captured by pre-coated mouse-anti human IgM antibodies to form new compounds, and generate real time results.
- To maintain social distancing within your facility, all patients sit at least six feet or more apart. We schedule infrequent patient appointments in order to minimize the number of patients in the waiting room to 0-2. We routinely disinfect the waiting are and the exam rooms throughout the day. Patients are asked to wear face masks.
- We evaluate patients on a case-by-case basis. If presenting symptoms, travel history, and/or contacts are suspicious we ask the patient to schedule a telemedicine visit instead of coming to the office.
- We constantly evaluate the physicians and the office staff for current or prior exposure. All staff has undergone IgM/IgG Antibody testing for immunity.